1. ADEQUATE MONETARY SYSTEM: The three functions of the Federal Reserve to lower or raise discount rates, to buy or sell securities on the open market, to lower or raise the reserve requirements for member banks are inadequate for maintaining a balanced money supply at all times. By adding a FOURTH AND A FIFTH FUNCTION to the monetary system, a balanced money supply could be achieved. The fourth function would index the PAYROLL TAX on a scale of 1 to 10 which would bring a better balance. The index could be lowered when more money is desired in the consumers pockets and raised when less is needed. NEW MONEY WOULD BE CREATED TO MAKE UP THE DEFICIT, NOT BORROWED FROM CHINA OR ANYONE ELSE. A fifth function could be added by using Article 1, Section 8, of the Constitution to coin money and regulate the value there of, and then by-pass the banking industry and give the money to the Treasury Department. The Treasury could fund infrastructure work, and give money to the states to help them fund programs. States gave up there right to create money when they joined the United States of America.
The American people needs to know that banks BUY and SELL money like all other businesses do; that when a bank pays 2 percent for money and sell it for 8 percent, the banks make 400 percent gross profit and not 6 percent like they would like for you to think. If a merchant pays two dollars for a candy bar and sells it for eight dollars, the gross profit would be 400 percent just like a bank buying money for two dollars and selling it for eight dollars. The gross profit would be 400 percent. Banks are engaged in Loan sharking! ANY INTEREST RATE OVER 10 PERCENT IS IMMORAL.
THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT NEEDS TO CREATE NEW MONEY EACH YEAR EQUIVALENT TO THE INCREASE IN THE GREED INDEX WHICH IS CALLED INFLATION. INFLATION IS AN EUPHEMISM FOR THEFT. GREED WITH A PRICE MARKER DEVALUES MONEY. Article 1, Section 8, of the Constitution gives Congress three way to raise money: taxation, borrowing money, and most important coining money and regulating the value. Congress uses a two leg stool when the stool has three legs.
Article 1 – The Legislative Branch
Section 8 – Powers of Congress ***See to coin money…
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
**** To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures; WHY NOT USE THIS LEG OF A THREE LEG STOOL TO SOLVE AMERICA’S ECONOMIC PROBLEMS? WHY USE ONLY TWO LEGS?
2. RESERVE RETRAINING WORK FORCE: The greatest problem facing America is EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT. This problem can be PERMANENTLY solved by establishing a Reserve Retraining Work force. Everyone would be in the regular work force or in the Reserve-Retraining Work force. All unemployment would be by choice.
It wouldn’t matter which side of the track you were born on, you would go to school free, and in some case the unemployed would get paid a living wage while going to school. Any one could go as far as their mind will let them by making passing grades. Employment offices would mean what they say: employment or education with pay.
3. ALL AMERICANS WHO WANT TO OWN A HOME SHOULD BE ABLE TO, REGARDLESS OF INCOME. The Federal Government should endow a HOME LOAN FUND, so anyone making below average wages could borrow money to finance a home at an interest rate from 1% to 3% FOR UP TO 40 YEARS. The Federal Government must become a competitor of the banking industry. Public enterprise has as much right to exist as does private enterprise. The Constitution call for a form of MIXTURISM: business and government working together to meet the needs and desires of all the people.
4. HEALTH CARE SYSTEM: Since the average health care claims run under $10,000, the Federal Government could pay all claims over $10,000 for only 16 billion dollars per 1 trillion dollars of total health care cost. Without having to worry about claims for over $10,000, small businesses and small organizations could self-insure which would put real competition in the insurance industry where none now exist. THIS WILL LEAD TO A SINGLE PAY UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM. Obama Care is a giant step toward Universal Health Care. A public option is the next step. Public enterprise has as much right to exist as does private enterprise. All the Government wants and needs to do is provide the money to pay for health care. The Government doesn’t want to own doctors or hospitals. It just wants to make sure doctors and hospitals get paid. The last thing that Government wants or needs to do is take over doctors and hospitals. A poor argument made by those who oppose Universal Health Care.
5. A FIRST CLASS EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM CAN BEST BE ESTABLISHED BY HAVING THE TEACHER BECOME THE DIRECTOR OF A PLANNED PROGRAM THAT WILL REACH ALL OBJECTIVES DESIRED USING THE BEST OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. WE COULD SPEND A BILLION DOLLARS ON EVERY COURSE BEING TAUGHT IN HIGH SCHOOL THAT WOULD TEACH EVERY THING KNOWN ON THE SUBJECT BY EXPERTS AND THAT WOULD BE CHEAPER THAN WHAT WE ARE NOW SPENDING ON EDUCATION, AND IT WOULD ALLOW ALL TEACHERS TO DO A BETTER JOB OF TEACHING.
MIXTURISM the book
The rational economic, ethical and political philosophy for the 21st century and beyond. Authored by James M. Carroll ISBN O-89826-068-X Visit the Internet Free Press for solutions to economic problems. YOU CAN GET THE BOOK FREE BY MAKING A TEN DOLLAR CONTRIBUTION TO PEOPLE POWER PRICE CONTROL ON THIS WEBSITE.